Thursday, February 18, 2010

To My Followers- Both of You

Dear Friends,
This blog will fall silent for a week or more, as Ruth Raven's mastectomy looms ever nearer.  Hetty must now assume the role of comforter, and devote herself entirely to the needs of her attached friend.  I offered RR the services of my worthy sailor friend Poole when the time comes: he is something of an expert at knocking folk unconscious with a belaying pin, and is much in demand with ships' surgeons whenever amputations are called for- much more effective, to my mind, than rum.  To my astonishment, RR, speaking as usual across the chasm of History, informs me that neither recourse will be necessary. What fortitude must women of the 21st Century possess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle Reader: you are invited to leave your comments here.